Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Passing of a Princess

It was thirteen years ago today (rather hard to believe) that Lady Diana, Princess of Wales, left this mortal coil after a car wreck in Paris. I remember very well, I was laying on the living room floor watching 'Saturday Night Live' when the news broke in to say that Diana had been in a car wreck in Paris, shortly thereafter giving word that she had passed away. I was never a huge Diana "fan" though many in my family were and even in this remote area with no historical connection to Britain at all her passing was felt. She was not perfect by any means but she did do alot of good for alot of people. May she rest in peace.

5 comments:

  1. Strange how she died almost on the anniversary of Queen Astrid's death, and near the "Place de la Reine Astrid" in Paris. However, as you know, I'm *not* one of those who like to call Astrid the "Princess Diana of the 1930's."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nor would I. I would say why but this isn't the time for my full opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's sad to know her date of death coincides with Malaysia's Independence Day, while we are celebrating our country's freedom under the reign of our dear monarch, we also mourn for her passing. Here too, an oriental country, far away from any western monarchical ties, though once a British possession, her passing was felt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well on a brighter note then, happy independence day! Long live King Mizan Zainal Abidin!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...